Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Beautiful Name

Alvin


It’s a simple name to pronounce and spell. Sometimes people teased me about my name, like calling me ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks’. But I don’t mind that because I am used to it. My name, when you say it, it just feels like the breeze of the wind came up to me to cool me down.

My name means “ A friend of elves”. I know that sounds a little bit awkward but at least the name has its own definition. What I think is that I can change my name to something else more unpopular and sounding like a master such as Rakim. I chose the name Rakim because I think it basically means God or Allah. Also when you say the name, it sounds like the angels are calling you from heaven. Also, I don’t like it when people pronounce my name incorrectly . It just like saying that ‘life is good’ without any meaning. Most of the time, I want (again, Alvin, present tense: I want) people to remember by my nickname I created by myself which is “Double A” because that’s my rap name and my name is Alvin Anis so that makes it two a’s.

When I was born, my dad and my mom decided of name for me. Of course, it was Alvin. I asked what my name really means when they got the idea of it. They said that my name meant “Son of Leo and Trivina”. But when I was small, I thought my name meant that I’m cool because my friends in the neighborhood used to call me “Alvin, the cool guy”. It’s because I always acted like I have swag a long time ago.

As people know, every name, in this world has its own unique meaning. Also, each name was given to describe a person’s personality. We don’t have to have to have a debate with our parents just because the name sounds awkward. We should all be grateful to God and our parents for giving us a name that exactly fits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment