Sunday, May 29, 2011

The End of Our Fabulous Journey

The piece of work and learning I am most proud of is my powerpoint about Jakarta. I am proud of it because this amazing piece of work that I put a lot effort in turned out that I got an A on it. In this presentation, I did the things that I were supposed to put in such as informations about the transportations they used in Jakarta. Another piece of learning that I am most proud of is when I published my own diary. It was a diary describing the life of Ipuy the high priest. I put in my 100% effort in it to get a B+ at the end. In the diary, I described about the food he eats, the transportations he used, his work, and his house.

My greatest challenge in 6th grade in humanities was when I did my literature circles about the book called The White Mountains. I found this book very challenging because it was difficult to find two significant passages in each of every chapters. Also, not only the passages, finding the questions were also challenging because I had to think outside the box to get at least a level 2 question and most of the time, the questions were inside the box.

This year, I learned about myself as a learner that when I learn best, I need to sit away from my friends that I am possibly going to talk with such as Pasha and Cy. Those two students I found really noisy if they sit next to me. That is why I needed to be clever choosing my seats next year or the teacher will have to think where to place me.

In class, I had always put my 100% effort in class. No matter what happened, I always tried my best to get a full credit. Also, when I needed help, the teacher is the best example for me to help with my problems. Sometimes, I can be very lousy in class and not concentrating enough but that doesn't mean that I am not a hard worker. Even though when I felt really tired and don't feel like doing any work, I gave my best effort to give the teachers for what they had expected from me.

In Grade 7, I had to goals that I want to accomplish. The first goal is probably the most important one. Next year, I wanted to try out for starship for 8th Grade. In the tryouts, I will give my best try to get in. I want to try out for starship because I heard from the 8th graders that it was a phenomenal trip. Also, in my life, I never visited America before. That's the reason why I am dying to join it. My second goal next year is to be more responsible whether it is at school or outside school. This year, I am not really that responsible because most of the time, I left my supplies at home or I forgot to bring money to school etc. From now on, I'm going to try as hard as I can to be as responsible as I can.

The bonus information that I would like my teachers to know about me is that sometimes I could be day dreaming about something during class. IF you want me to stop, you can jus tap me on the back.

My favorite activity in humanities this year was the Tic Tac Toe Pasha, Julie, and I did on India. I liked it because we had fun working and spent a lot of time on it. Also, when we presented it, the audiences loved it and my group and I thought we did a really fantastic job. We really enjoyed it even though we had several mistakes in our projects. The projects we did were rap song, comic, and travel webpage. To be smart, we divided our work. Rap song was done by me, comic was done by Pasha, and the travel webpage was done by Julie. As a result, we finished it on time!

There aren't any words of wisdom that I could pass to the upcoming 6th graders. But, just an advice, if they get lost in humanities, always ask the teacher. If they have problem with their work, they can come to the teacher and ask for help or come after school and do it with the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment