Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where I'm From and List Poem

My Background

I am from the Police Station manufactured by Matchbox
the wonderful chip Eric Cantona produced when he troubled Sunderland’s defense
I am from Fifa 05, the first existence of a game in my life ever
the first meaning of a beautiful sports games graphics
I am from the melodic Circle of Life sung by Elton John
I am from Hey Arnold! and The Incredibles and I pretend
as if I was one of the characters

I am from the gate that moves sideways when being opened
the Toyota car that always fills the spaces in the garage
I am from the round garden
that lets you smell the fresh flowers, trees and grass
filled with kids surrounding it and having fun

I am from, “Have you finished your homework?”
and, “Look at this here!”
I am from, “Barney is a dinosaur.”
the excitement I get while watching it
I am from cereals mixed with hot chocolate
the aroma will never be forgotten

I am from a photo album beneath the living room table
memorable pictures from back in the days
some of the people in the album sits in Heaven
they remind me of wonderful things
I was made from those era and history
the structure that shapes and foreshadows
the real me.






List Poem

Very dark black hair and eyebrows with clean white teeth
Dark beautiful brown eyes
Asian looking eyes
Dark brown skin
Light blue ISKL t-shirt, a bit sweaty
Blue marks on my right hand
Dark blue ISKL shorts
with a Man United wallet on the right pocket
Athletes feet and legs
Wearing gray socks and white Adidas kicks

-Me


Reflection: Is a person's identity worth fighting for? Why or why not?

Stealing people' identity may be very useful but not fair at the same time. That's because if someone is a wannabe and tries to be a famous person he/she adores, then other people will not hang out with those certain people. We, as a community, loves people who tries to be themselves, their real identity. For instance, I, personally love people with a really unique identity. My friends are especially those people. They always act with their real identity, I know that because I can see they're not acting like an actor, not playing a role play or anything. When we see wannabes, we know they're acting by their looks and expressions. But when we see real people, normal people like my friends, we completely recognize their identity by looking if they're acting or not, well, obviously, they don't act like some famous people. Identity is what shapes us to be the person whom you wanna become or whom you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment